Could this be the 2013 Flyers home schedule? This list of tentative home dates was distributed to season ticket holders in the last 48 hours. It's worth noting that it's not official, but we have reason to believe this is close to what the final home schedule will look like. Note that the remainder of January is not listed.
* Florida Panthers -- Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* Carolina Hurricanes -- Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 1:00 pm
* Florida Panthers -- Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* Winnipeg Jets -- Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 1:00 pm
* Toronto Maple Leafs -- Monday, February 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* Washington Capitals -- Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* Ottawa Senators -- Saturday, March 2, 2013 at Noon
* Pittsburgh Penguins -- Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* Buffalo Sabres -- Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* New Jersey Devils -- Friday, March 15, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* New York Rangers -- Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* New York Islanders -- Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* Boston Bruins -- Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 1:00 pm
* Washington Capitals -- Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* New Jersey Devils -- Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* Ottawa Senators -- Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm
* New York Rangers -- Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* New Jersey Devils -- Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* Boston Bruins -- Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 7:30 pm
* New York Islanders -- Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm
This schedule lines up with a potential Rangers schedule that leaked earlier today. We don't know the exact timing on when these schedules were drawn up and distributed, so take it with that grain of salt. But these do look accurate and at least very close to final.
A few things to note right off the bat: With the Flyers expected to play each team outside of the division three times, there will be imbalance in the home/road split between clubs. This schedule gives the Flyers multiple home games against Boston, Washington, Ottawa and Florida.
It's tough to tell with certainty otherwise with January omitted, but that leaves the potential of playing two games each in Winnipeg, Buffalo, Toronto and Carolina. We know one of those Buffalo games will be played on opening weekend. Montreal and Tampa Bay are not listed at all on the schedule above, so it's likely the Flyers will play those teams at least once a piece at home in January.
We'll know more when the full schedule comes out, likely tomorrow. Tickets will likely go on sale next week, perhaps as long as just a few days before puck drop.
Thanks to the five STH's that sent us this schedule.