Training camp is open and people are excited. Jaromir Jagr wears green now and that's weird. The Phantoms are still bad.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-released news and notes. Hockey is back, you guys!
* Camp opened yesterday! They're back at it this morning around 10 or 11 a.m. in Voorhees, if you can go.
* Bill Meltzer has a nice rundown of the first day of camp, focusing on new/old Flyer Brian Boucher and the chances of Scott Laughton making the team. [Hockeybuzz]
* Laughton is here for camp and is living with Scott Hartnell for the week. Maybe longer...
* New defenseman Kurtis Foster is excited to join the Flyers. There is a Kevin Haller mention in this story, so you should click it and all of that. [CSN]
* The Flyers want to peak early in the season, and a quick start is key. [Inquirer]
* Sam Donnellon on the return of fans to the Flyers and the NHL. [Inquirer]
* Oh, they're returning everywhere, by the way. [SBNation.com]
* Jaromir Jagr in Stars colors is weirder than Jaromir Jagr in Flyers colors. [Defending Big D]
* Only the Devils, Rangers and Islanders face an easier travel schedule during the 48-game season than the Flyers. Who has it the worst? Nope, not Winnipeg. [On the Forecheck]
* Goodbye, Michael Del Zotto pipe dreams. The Rangers quickly resigned MDZ on Sunday morning and he was on the ice in time for camp. [Blueshirt Banter]
* The Flyers will only be on NBC twice this season. They'll be on national TV a lot, though, as seen in this team-by-team breakdown of the national TV schedule. [SBNation.com]
* Danny Syvret played his 500th pro game over the weekend. Of course he scored the game-winning goal. [Post Star] And on Sunday, the Phantoms had trouble getting pucks on goal in a 2-1 loss at the Baby Pens. Marcel Noebels did score his first AHL goal, though. [Post Star]
* Donald Brashear was the recipient of the infamous Marty McSorley stick incident back when he played for Vancouver. Now, he's jumping people from behind in the LNAH, a glorified beer league in Quebec. Ugly video here. [Puck Daddy]
* Scott Gomez is likely done in Montreal. But why? [Eyes On The Prize]
* Willis on the 10 most-interesting players on the waiver wire. [NHL Numbers]
* Teemu Selanne is the only person who can get away with wearing this shirt. [SBNation.com]