Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-released news and notes. Hockey is back, you guys!
* Camp opened yesterday! They're back at it this morning around 10 or 11 a.m. in Voorhees, if you can go.
* Bill Meltzer has a nice rundown of the first day of camp, focusing on new/old Flyer Brian Boucher and the chances of Scott Laughton making the team. [Hockeybuzz]
* Laughton is here for camp and is living with Scott Hartnell for the week. Maybe longer...
* New defenseman Kurtis Foster is excited to join the Flyers. There is a Kevin Haller mention in this story, so you should click it and all of that. [CSN]
* The Flyers want to peak early in the season, and a quick start is key. [Inquirer]
* Sam Donnellon on the return of fans to the Flyers and the NHL. [Inquirer]
* Oh, they're returning everywhere, by the way. [SBNation.com]
* Jaromir Jagr in Stars colors is weirder than Jaromir Jagr in Flyers colors. [Defending Big D]
* Only the Devils, Rangers and Islanders face an easier travel schedule during the 48-game season than the Flyers. Who has it the worst? Nope, not Winnipeg. [On the Forecheck]
* Goodbye, Michael Del Zotto pipe dreams. The Rangers quickly resigned MDZ on Sunday morning and he was on the ice in time for camp. [Blueshirt Banter]
* The Flyers will only be on NBC twice this season. They'll be on national TV a lot, though, as seen in this team-by-team breakdown of the national TV schedule. [SBNation.com]
* Danny Syvret played his 500th pro game over the weekend. Of course he scored the game-winning goal. [Post Star] And on Sunday, the Phantoms had trouble getting pucks on goal in a 2-1 loss at the Baby Pens. Marcel Noebels did score his first AHL goal, though. [Post Star]
* Donald Brashear was the recipient of the infamous Marty McSorley stick incident back when he played for Vancouver. Now, he's jumping people from behind in the LNAH, a glorified beer league in Quebec. Ugly video here. [Puck Daddy]
* Scott Gomez is likely done in Montreal. But why? [Eyes On The Prize]
* Willis on the 10 most-interesting players on the waiver wire. [NHL Numbers]
* Teemu Selanne is the only person who can get away with wearing this shirt. [SBNation.com]