Today's Fly By, in which 15k+ show up for PRACTICE, Laughton makes the team and Erik Gustafsson's an All-Star.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* While practice may not have been as crisp as Peter Laviolette would have liked, the Flyers will still finalize their roster by 3 p.m. today. It looks like Scott Laughton has made the team, at least to start. [Hockeybuzz] [Inquirer] [Daily News] [SanFilippo]
* Jake Voracek is expecting to have a big season. [Daily News]
* Wait, do the Flyers have problems on offense? [The 700 Level]
* Five questions facing the Flyers, who are start the season TOMORROW. [Daily News]
* What did Flyers broadcasters do during the lockout? 'You get yourself out of a rhythm,' Coatesy says, which implies he was moving to a rhythm there in the first place. [Inquirer]
* ASF joins the FF Podcast to talk about this hockeysportpuck thing. [Flyers Faithful]
* The AHL announced their All-Star rosters yesterday. Since something like 30 percent of their scoring is now in Philadelphia, it's no shock that only Erik Gustafsson (injured, too) made the team from the Phantoms. [Post Star]
* Pittsburgh hasn't won in like four years now so they're cranky or whatever. [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
* Does every game truly matter in a 48-game season? Cliche, but true? [NHL Numbers]
* Chance will be a powerful determining factor in who makes the playoffs this year. Fun! [Fear The Fin]
* The NHL apologized with full-page ads in a bunch of newspapers yesterday, which would have been great for them I'm sure if people still read newspapers. [Puck Daddy] And here's the first draft of their letter, by the way. [Battle of Cali]
* Finally, the latest from DGB and Bloge Salming: 'Luongo Unchained.'