We welcome a new Fly By writer and look back at a busy weekend of Flyers hockey this Monday.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* Welcome Kelly, one of our new Fly By writers. (Yes, *one of*.)
* The fun didn't continue in Tampa, however, last night as the Flyers dropped one to the Bolts, 5-1. Full round-ups of Sunday's game from the Daily News, the Inquirer, Anthony SanFilippo, Bill Meltzer, CSN, Flyers Faithful, and Raw Charge.
* Penalties have been an issue. A full breakdown of every Flyers penalty this year: [DN]
* Matt Carle is finally appreciated in South Florida. [DN]
* Scott Laughton has been sent back to the OHL; excellent choice, front office! [BSH]
* Brandon Manning replaced Erik Gustafsson in tonight's AHL All-Star Game. He hopes he's turned a corner after a rough stretch earlier this season. [Post Star]
* Injuries! Rumors! When players go down, rumors spark up. [Sporting News]
* Waived Titans goalie Niko Hovinen was claimed by the Oilers. [ESPN]
* Meltzer explains why last week's defeat of the Rangers is the kind of character win that successful teams are built on. [Hockeybuzz]
* Edmonton's Nail Yakupov became an instant favorite last week after scoring an incredible game-tying goal (and celebrating awesomely) against the defending Cup winners ... and somehow this is controversial? [TSN] [SBNation.com]
* Teams hiring in-house beat writers. The future? [Puck Daddy]