Previewing the Rangers game, making the case for Wellwood, ref-related hilarity & more in today's edition of the Morning Fly By.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
* The Flyers take on the Rangers tonight at 7 p.m; fewer penalties would be a great strategy here, boys. Previews: [Meltzer] [CBS Sports] [NHL.com]
* Don't worry about seeing Jason Arnott tonight. He failed his physical and won't be joining the Rangers. [Blueshirt Banter]
* Almost 7 minor penalties per game is, you know, at least 5 too many minor penalties. [Philly.com]
* Eric T. argues that Eric Wellwood has earned a spot on the big club. You are correct, sir. [BSH]
* With Meszaros' prolonged absence, the Flyers could use some help on the blue line. Frank Seravalli outlines Homer's limited options. [Daily News]
* Those options no longer include P.K. Subban, who's signed for two years in Montreal. [Eyes On The Prize]
* SanFilippo thinks tonight may mark the return of Zac Rinaldo. [Flyers]
* Concussions? We still don't care about them. [SB Nation]
* On Sunday it seemed as though this season's condensed schedule is already taking a toll on the Flyers and we're only 6 games in. [Hockeybuzz] [CSN Philly]
* You'll want to watch this, it's hilarious. And accurate. [SB Nation]
* Our friends at FF are hosting another fundraiser -- this time for Sandy Hook victims. [Flyers Faithful]