Let's look at tonight's lineup and five questions to answer during tonight's game.
WASHINGTON -- The Flyers didn't skate at Verizon Center this morning, so we're not 100 percent sure what the lineup will look like when they hit the ice against the Capitals in a few hours. However, we're likely to see a lineup roughly like the one they've practiced with over the last few days.
Via Anthony SanFilippo, who's been at practice the last few days, here are tonight's expected lines:
Briere - Giroux - Simmonds
Read - Couturier - Knuble
McGinn - Schenn - Voracek
Fedotenko - Talbot - Rinaldo
Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Gervais
Grosmann - Foster
I like that McGinn is getting back in the lineup. I like trying Briere on the top line. I like Lilja sitting and Foster returning. I'm not sure how I feel about breaking up the top two pairings on defense, but we'll see how it goes.
Really not sure what we're looking at for the Capitals lineup. Will know more during warmups.
Five questions to answer
1. Does adding Briere to the top line help jumpstart the offense?
2. Tye McGinn's back. How's that go?
3. The Caps are awful at special teams. Can the Flyers use the opportunity to kickstart their own PP and PK units?
4. Braden Holtby has a) looked bad and b) will start tonight for the first time since Game No. 2. Can the Flyers take advantage?
5. How many penalty minutes tonight, total?
The Caps have taken 107 penalty minutes so far this season, 17th-worst in the league. The Flyers have taken 130, 26th-worst in the league. For a good cause, we'll allow it tonight.