Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* The Flyers are in action tonight against the New Jersey Devils in Newark. Surely there are tickets available, so take a Friday trip up the Turnpike, why don't ya? Our preview will be up a bit later.
* The story of the day on Thursday: Ian Laperriere made some comments in a Daily News' Nick Cousins story that didn't go over so well. We talked to Lappy about it. [BSH]
* Has Ilya Bryzgalov really improved this season? Short answer: Yes. [Flyers Faithful]
* Flyers players support NHLers heading to Sochi, which is not a surprise because of course hockey players want to play in the Olympic Games. [Daily News]
* In Ardmore, somebody had a package with $8,000 worth of Flyers tickets stolen from their front porch. [Fox 29]
* Really enjoyed this take on trade rumors from Meltzer, and the lede regarding the difference between him and Eklund, even though he writes on Eklund's site, is great. [Hockeybuzz]
* Braydon Coburn has the worst penalties drawn/taken ratio in the NHL. [Backhand Shelf]
* Getting to know Flyers' prospect Matt Mangene. [Post Star]
* Confessions of a Zamboni driver. [Puck Daddy]
* The Hockey City Classic will be played at Chicago's Soldier Field this weekend. The teams, University of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Miami and Notre Dame, and have pretty great jerseys. [Western College Hockey Blog]
* Is this the leaked Leafs' Winter Classic jersey? [Icethetics]
* Frans Nielsen forgot about the new faceoff rule in the NHL. Poor Frans. [SB Nation]