Ed Mulholland-US PRESSWIRE
Andrej Meszaros returns, $8,000 worth of Flyers tickets are stolen and the Flyers' road trip continues. All that and more in today's Morning Fly By.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* The Flyers are in action tonight against the New Jersey Devils in Newark. Surely there are tickets available, so take a Friday trip up the Turnpike, why don't ya? Our preview will be up a bit later.
* The story of the day on Thursday: Ian Laperriere made some comments in a Daily News' Nick Cousins story that didn't go over so well. We talked to Lappy about it. [BSH]
* Has Ilya Bryzgalov really improved this season? Short answer: Yes. [Flyers Faithful]
* Flyers players support NHLers heading to Sochi, which is not a surprise because of course hockey players want to play in the Olympic Games. [Daily News]
* In Ardmore, somebody had a package with $8,000 worth of Flyers tickets stolen from their front porch. [Fox 29]
* Really enjoyed this take on trade rumors from Meltzer, and the lede regarding the difference between him and Eklund, even though he writes on Eklund's site, is great. [Hockeybuzz]
* Braydon Coburn has the worst penalties drawn/taken ratio in the NHL. [Backhand Shelf]
* Getting to know Flyers' prospect Matt Mangene. [Post Star]
* Confessions of a Zamboni driver. [Puck Daddy]
* The Hockey City Classic will be played at Chicago's Soldier Field this weekend. The teams, University of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Miami and Notre Dame, and have pretty great jerseys. [Western College Hockey Blog]
* Is this the leaked Leafs' Winter Classic jersey? [Icethetics]
* Frans Nielsen forgot about the new faceoff rule in the NHL. Poor Frans. [SB Nation]