* Quick update from last night's playoff chase action: Boston is useless and couldn't beat Toronto in regulation, Ottawa is useless and couldn't beat New Jersey in regulation, the Flyers sit five points back of eighth-place NYR.
* Hey, guess who's in town tonight? Get the opposing perspective of tonight's game from Blueshirt Banter.
* Kimmo says the Flyers can "control their own destiny" with five home games on the horizon. I feel like we've heard the "pivotal week" thing before... [CSN]
* Hmm. Tyler Myers might be on the trade block in Buffalo. Also, other defensemen. [Die By The Blade]
* Okay, so the Bruins aren't totally useless. Watch this GIF 18 times and try to figure it out. I can't. [SBN]
* The Penguins added Douglas Murray via trade yesterday. [CBS]
* The Lightning hired Jon Cooper to replace Guy Boucher. [Raw Charge]
* Cam Charron on "the intangibles premium." [Backhand Shelf]
* Finally, if you missed it yesterday, we had to give the Flyers defense the longform treatment because it's just so bad. [BSH]