Remember that GM connected fanpost a few months back recruiting fellow Flyer fans to join? Well, we're back and looking for one new member to join the league. As mentioned in the title, this league is for PS3 and we have started our second season. We are about 20-25 games in. Before I give you the teams available I want to cover some ground rules:
- You must be active in the league and a good sportsman. What do I mean by that? Well, if you have five games to play in any given week, please try to play them all. We all get busy and miss games (I went almost two weeks with only playing a few), but at least make an effort. Also, no rage quitting, you will get removed from the league, it has already happened a few times.
- Speaking of games, the way this league works is Sunday to Sunday. On the first Sunday, you will have the next two weeks of your team's schedule available for you to play (usually 5-7 games) and you may play them in any order. On the next Sunday (7 days later) I will advance the schedule so that all unplayed games will be simulated and the next two weeks of your team's schedule becomes available. Trust me, it is easier than it sounds.
- As far as playing games, we created a Google document (spreadsheet) where each member gives their name, team, email address, and cell phone number so that all other members can schedule games with you and vice versa. Don't worry, I will not sell your information to any third parties. ;)
- Trades, waivers, and free agent signings are all processed on the Sunday I advance the schedule. That is not my choice and not editable, that is the NHL 13 standard setting. So if you make a trade on Monday, you won't have that player until Sunday evening (I usually advance around 9 pm EST).
- ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES WITH CPU TEAMS. Now, I will be Commissioner for most of the season, so it won't be an issue, but occasionally I travel for multiple weeks and let someone else take control. So do not try and take advantage, because if you do, you will be removed from the league.
- This league is fun as hell and one of the best things EA has done with their games, but remember it is just a game, so don't take it too seriously and rage quit or start using (too much) profanity; keep it fun for all.
- Periods are 5 minutes long and all games you play against the CPU are on Pro difficulty.
- The game allows me to track DNF vs. CPU and other GMs. So, if you are the type of player who always quits against the CPU because Sidney Crosby got hurt (see what I did there?) just so you can restart the game with him healthy, you will very likely get removed from the league. I have already had to do it about four times. So, once again, show integrity and be courteous.
Okay, now that that is out of the way (If I forgot any rules, you will get an email with the additional rule), here is team that is available:
- Winnipeg Jets
Now, please keep in mind that some or all of these teams have traded, signed, and waived players because we are in season 2 and someone was previously GM of each of these teams. For example, early on the Hurricanes sent both Staals to the Rangers for a couple other star players. So, just keep in mind all teams are AS IS.
Teams will be available on a first come-first serve basis, so respond quickly. If you are interested in joining, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and please write "NHL 13" in the subject line and provide me your name, PSN ID, and which team you want to manage. I will then reply to you and let you know what league name to search to join. Once that happens, please add me on PSN odebs2797. Also, at that point I will send you an email for the Google document so that you can input your contact information.
If you have any questions before deciding to join, please comment below and if you are interested in joining, please follow the directions above and send me an email.
Thanks for reading and GO FLYERS!!!
This item was written by a member of this community and is not necessarily endorsed by <em>Broad Street Hockey</em>.