Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
* HUGE BREAKING TRADE NEWS for the Flyers yesterday, who traded Harry Zolnierczyk for Jay Rosehill. Bullies, pugilism, truculence, etc. [BSH]
* A lot of other stuff on the site from yesterday, in case you missed any of it: Max Talbot is probably done for the year and that sucks; we discuss trade rumors around Sharks winger Ryane Clowe; reviewing April 1 in Flyers history; April Fools' jokes are funny and/or induce desires of eye purging; and finally, Ilya Bryzgalov tells us why he threw a water bottle on Sunday night.
* Playoff odds update: according to the excellent sportsclubstats.com, the Flyers' playoff odds increased 0.7% yesterday. They now sit at 9.7%. [Sports Club Stats] Meanwhile, over at Fear the Fin, they had us all the way up at 15% before last night. Progress! [Fear the Fin]
* "Obviously, we're not in the position of going after rental players. It just doesn't make any sense." Hey, Paul Holmgren: I like hearing that. Stick to it, please. [CSNPhilly]
* This is why Claude Giroux is the best person. [Philly.com]
* Defensemen on the move! The Kings traded two second round picks for Robin Regehr [Jewels from the Crown] and the Blues traded two prospects and a first-rounder to Calgary for Jay Bouwmeester. [SBN]
* Forwards, too! Former Flyer Michal Handzus is headed from San Jose to Chicago for a fourth-round pick. [Second City Hockey]
* Meanwhile, on the goalie front, the Maple Leafs are targeting Miikka Kiprusoff, which seems more than a little silly given how good James Reimer has been. [Puck Daddy]
* How much control does a coach have when it comes to timeouts? [Backhand Shelf] (Answer, in our guy's case? A lot.)
* I wish the Flyers' Twitter was this funny. [SBN]