After a bit of a hiccup last week, our schedule of getting to know our new division rivals via BSH Radio continued on Wednesday night. Corey Sznajder of Shutdown Line and Canes Country will be joining us on air to talk about the Carolina Hurricanes, including:
* Where to expect the Hurricanes to finish in the Metropolitan Division.
* How the first year of the Staal Brothers Experiment worked out, and how it should work out in the future.
* What to expect from rookie center Elias Lindholm, including a comparison to Flyers center Sean Couturier.
* How well Alex Semin has played in Carolina so far.
* The Hurricanes' offseason moves on defense, and how much they've improved the team.
* Peter Laviolette, and how Canes fans can relate to current concerns about him that many Flyers fans have.
* Why Jeff Skinner's a giant baby, and/or why he struggled last year.
* What the move to the new division means for the Carolina franchise, and what new rivalries will pop up as a result.
* The fact that the Hurricanes' new jerseys make them look JUST like Team Canada.
And, on the Flyers' end:
* Whether the Flyers have improved their defense this offseason.
* What the fanbase seems to think about Braydon Coburn, following a down year for him.
* Reacting to the rumors that Kimmo Timonen might have more than one year left in his excellent career.
Thanks again to Corey for joining us, even though we still don't really have any real good reasons to hate the Hurricanes. We'll find one eventually. I think.