As many of you may know, NHL 14 comes out in less than two weeks (September 10). The BSH PS3 GM Connected League is looking for new members to fill our 30-member league for NHL 14.
GM Connected is very similar to EA’s "Be a GM" mode except it is an online mode in which you compete against other human-controlled teams. You control everything about your team: you set the lineup, adjust the team strategy, play the games, make trades, sign players, etc.
There are currently 8 spots available in the league. Please take a few minutes to read through some information about the league to make sure it will be a good fit for you.
HOW THE LEAGUE WORKS:
- We advance twice a week (Wednesday night at midnight, Sunday night at 8:00 pm, both EST).
- The way GM Connected works is that every time the league is advanced, there is a new set of roughly 5-6 games available for you to play (you can play them in any order, at any time, though it will largely depend on when you can coordinate the games with your opponents). Any games that you are unable to play are automatically simulated the next time the league is advanced (however, since the members of the league are very active, we ask that everyone make every effort to play all of his/her games). If you know you will be away for a few days or will be unable to finish your games, there is a way to enable your CPU to play for you so that the other GM's can play the game(s) against your team.
- Trades, waiver claims and free agent signings are all processed when the schedule is advanced. For example, if you trade Patrice Bergeron for Jamie Benn on a Monday, the trade will not be processed until after the league is advanced Wednesday evening.
- All GM's must be active on a consistent basis. While no one is expected to play 12 hours a day, GM's should try to devote a little time to the league each day. Each GM must make every effort to play all of his/her games, stay on top of his/her lineup, respond to trade requests and respond to messages from league members. If you check your PS3 once a week, this league will not be a good fit for you. The league is incredibly fun, but only when everyone participates.
- All league members must provide their contact information (name, email, PSN handle, cell, time zone), which is shared in a completely private Google Document/spreadsheet, so that you can communicate with the other GM's to coordinate games, set up trades, etc. Only current league members have access to the Google Doc. Additionally, GM’s are strongly encouraged to use the league’s ProBoards.com forum/discussion thread.
- There is absolutely NO trading with CPU-controlled teams.
- All league members must display good sportsmanship and be respectful. This league is meant to be competitive AND fun; poor sportsmanship and "rage quitting" when losing will not be tolerated.
The remaining available teams are:
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- Buffalo Sabres
- Florida Panthers
- Calgary Flames
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Dallas Stars
- Winnipeg Jets
If you are interested in joining, please email me at GagneFan4Life@gmail.com and include your name and PSN ID, as well as the name of the team you would like to control. Spots are filling up quickly, so teams will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have any questions before you decide you want to join or if you'd prefer to be added to the waiting list, please feel free to email me. I will update the available teams in the comments section as spots are filled.
Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you!