Philadelphia Flyers (18-8-6, 42 pts) at New Jersey Devils (18-9-3, 39 pts
Wachovia Center - 1 PM EST - Philadelphia, PA
TV: CSN Philly HD, MSG Plus HD
Radio: 610 WIP, XM 208
Check Here for Internet Streams
Behind Enemy Lines: In Lou We Trust
Quick preview as the game is starting right now.
Scouting the Enemy: Like the Flyers, the Devils are rolling along rather nicely, and the big thing is that they are doing it without Marty Brodeur. The Devils have lost only once in regulation this month, a 4-2 loss to the Sabres last week. The Flyers are 2-0-1 against Jersey this season. The NJ penalty kill is 23rd in the league, so can the Flyers excellent power play take advantage? Jersey is led offensively by Zach Parise and Patrik Elias, but if they can shut those two down, they effectively shut down the Devil attack.
Between The Pipes: Antero Niittymaki is the starter again. If he plays a fraction as well as he played yesterday, then we're in good shape.
Scott Clemmensen is in for the Devils.
Injury Report: John Madden is a game time decision with flu symptoms. Bryce Salvador won't pay for Jersey either.
Martin Biron was a possibility of at least suiting up, but he wont. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get worried.
Randy Jones is in the lineup for the Flyers. Glen Metropolit is out with a lower-body injury.
Questions to Answer:
1. Wins are always hard to come by in New Jersey. Can the Flyers play a quality road game and win?
2. It's not going to be fast-paced and exciting like the game against Washington does? Can the Flyers quickly change pace and win a complete different style of hockey game?
3. Niittymaki got a LOT of work yesterday. Will the workload take a toll?
4. Scott Clemmensen has taken over this team in goal. It is now his job to lose until Martin Brodeur returns. In his fourth consecutive start, is this the one where he gives it up?
5. Is Randy Jones ready to return after missing so much time?
Let's Go Flyers!