Philadelphia Flyers (18-18-2, 38 pts) at #T-8 New York Rangers (18-16-4, 40 pts)
Madison Square - 7:00 PM EST - New York, NY
TV: CSN Philly HD, MSG 2
Radio: 1210 WPHT, XM 204
This is the open game thread.
Behind Enemy Lines: Blueshirt Banter
After playing one of their worst games of the season some ten days ago against the Rangers, the Flyers can't possibly do any worse tonight in their second of six meetings against Vinny Prospal & Co.
The Flyers have won three straight games for the first time since November 6-12, and are going for their first four-game win of the Peter Laviolette era.
This is the last Flyers game of the decade, folks. If that doesn't get you fired up...then I guess you just don't have proper awe for the Gregorian Calendar.
Questions to answer, as well as your thoughts on every bounce, plus some Mystery, Alaska allusions, after the jump:Questions To Answer
- Michael Leighton gets the start again. Does his luck finally run out, or is he secretly incapable of losing?
- The Flyers have to be looking forward to meeting Travis and all the other cool stuff that goes along with the Winter Classic. Can they possibly stay focused on tonight's game?
- What asinine products will MSG pimp tonight to desecrate the glass behind the nets?
- Will Ryan Parent finally score an NHL goal, or does he leave the decade with a 0 in that column?
- Does Peter Laviolette have any spiffy New Year's neck wear to show off after the smash success that was his Christmas tie?
Let's do this thing. Go Flyers.