You can certainly tell that the trade deadline is getting closer and closer everyday. Some Flyers notes today...
- Chuck Gormley of the Courier-Post thinks the Flyers should let the goalie situation play itself out, given that the offseason free agent goalie market is so deep, and that they should work on the defense at the deadline. He mentions Jay Bouwmeester and Scott Niedermayer as potential options, but notes that guys like Tomas Kaberle, Brendan Witt, and Anton Volchenkov might be more realitic. [Courier-Post]
- The game on Sunday against the Rangers at MSG has been moved to a 12:30 start time, due to NBC choosing it as the game of the week.
- Bob Fernandez of the Inquirer details why the Phantoms were sold. [Inquirer]
Other notes from around the NHL...
- Dallas has assigned Sean Avery to Hartford of the AHL. Hartford is the affiliate of the New York Rangers. hahahaha. The pathetic part is Ranger fans want this guy on their team. Maybe they just want to be entertained as they miss the playoffs?
- Remember when the Flyers beat Tampa 6-1, and Tampa goalie Mike Smith was pulled from the game, and you could see him all pissed off in the locker room tunnel? Well, apparently he suffered a concussion in during the game, and now he's going through post-concussion syndrome. Sucks.
- Literally every team in the Western Conference can still make the playoffs. Last place St. Louis is only six points out of eighth place. Crazy.
- Evgeni Malkin bribed his teammates into winning a game. [Puck Daddy]
- Boston and San Jose play on Versus tonight. Didn't we beat one of them recently?