Some news around the NHL and beyond on this Friday afternoon...
- Is fatigue finally catching up to Capitals goalie Simeon Varlamov? [Japer's Rink]
- The Phoenix Coyotes saga has been going on for days now, and it won't stop until something is resolved. It's been front page news in Canada, and as a Toronto-based journalist, James Mirtle has been covering it like a bandit. He profiles Coyotes' current owner Jerry Moyes, looks from the perspective of the Coyotes fan, and well.. he covers every other angle you can think of. [From The Rink]
- Alex Ovechkin death threats? [Puck Daddy]
- So, uh, Versus isn't really the best TV partner after all. [Kukla]
- Patrick Roy, a member of the Colorado Avalanche again? [Denver Post]
- A rat + a sideline reporter = hilarious. [Deadspin]
- Wings fans take over Anaheim. [YouTube]
- Thursday playoff scores: Hawks 2, Canucks 1. Wings 6, Ducks 3.
- And tonight's games: Boston at Carolina, Washington at Pittsburgh.