2009 STANLEY CUP FINAL
- The neutral reaction from James Mirtle at From the Rink, focusing largely on the Evgeni Malkin vs Henrik Zetterberg fight at the end of the game. It was the first NHL fight for each player. Mirtle has a video if you missed it.
- flyrsfrk05 has a nice rundown of the series so farr in the FanPosts this morning.
- Winging It In Motown is obviously happy with the Wings lead, and they rave about Detroit's determined play.
- Pensburgh isn't so happy, and they're feeling a lot like we did after Game 2 in the first round. Optimistic as they head home, but cautiously.
- Malkin was suspended for his actions at the end of the game, but the NHL rescinded that automatic ruling.
- Puck Daddy has another neutral point of view with their recap, including more on the Malkin/Zetterberg fisticuffs.
- Game 1 was the most watched program on television on Saturday, albeit on a weak night of programming according to Puck The Media. But regardless, as Steve from PTM points out, the Associated Press is flat out wrong and irresponsible by saying that ratings are down.
No Flyers news on this Monday morning, but here's a look around the NHL today.
- The Dallas Stars have named Joe Nieuwendyk as their new general manager. Former co-GM's Brett Hull and Les Jackson to other positions in the organization. Defending Big D has thoughts on the shakeup in Dallas.
- The Montreal Canadiens aren't moving away from Montreal, in case you were worried.
And a quick look around your Philadelphia sports...
- The Phils swept the Nats at home this weekend, sit in first place as June rolls in, and are starting a 10 game road trip this evening in San Diego. [The 700 Level]
- The Sixers hired Eddie Jordan as their new head coach this weekend, in case you missed it. [Liberty Ballers]
- Former Cowboys coordinator Brian Stewart is joining the Eagles coaching staff. [Bleeding Green Nation]