Some Philadelphia Flyers news and notes to start your Wednesday. Three days until meaningful hockey...
- Blair Betts doesn't have a contract yet, but Paul Holmgren is working at it. At 3 PM today, if he doesn't have a contract from the Flyers, he is free to sign with any team. [CSN Philly]
- A nice long look at all the roster decisions, including cap ramifications. [Clockwork Orange]
- Danny Briere says the Flyers were too relaxed last season. Good to hear it. [Broad Street Bull]
- Ray Emery is taking his second chance in the NHL very seriously. [Inquirer]
- It's been a long journey, but Mika Pyorala looks like he's going to finally make it to the NHL. [Daily News]
- Despite being born in Minnesota, one Flyers blogger wasn't conflicted last night when the Wild came to town. [Flying P]
- Previewing one of the Flyers main challengers for the Eastern Conference crown, the Washington Capitals. [Japers' Rink]
- Have a question about hockey stats? One of the best guys in the stats business, Gabe Desjardins, brings his Behind The Net stats blog to SB Nation. Drop by and take a peek around. [Behind The Net]
- Blacked out by the DirectTV versus Versus (yes, that's on purpose) drama? Get free stuff out of it. [Mike Chen]
- Former Flyer/Phantom defenseman Nate Guenin was waived by the Penguins yesterday. [Pensburgh]
- Maxim Afinogenov signed a contract with the Atlanta Thrashers yesterday after being invited to camp on a pro try out basis. He'll earn just $800,000, but it pushes the Thrashers' payroll up near $50 million. Impressive... [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- Catch up on all the other transactions made yesterday. Most of them were minor waiver wire movements. [The Hockey News]
- The Phillies are one win away from the playoffs. I don't care that this is a Flyers site. [Phillies Nation - The Good Phight]
Send tips, links, and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.