Hello, everyone! This week I am taking a vacation from Slap Schtick. However, I did, in the spirit of this wonderful, if not gluttonous, holiday, prepare a small list of things I am thankful for. Find out what they are after the jump.
In no particular order, I am thankful...
- That Colin Cambell doesn't run this blog. If he did, we all probably would have been banned at least once for something. Especially that fake artist [NAME REDACTED].
- For Pronger's five finger puck discount. Who wants the opponents to be able to reminisce about their accomplishments or milestones? Not I. Not. I.
- That Carter is signed through 2022. We now know that we'll have something to bitch and argue about for many, many years to come.
- Wii Fit Plus. This wonderful piece of software has seemingly taught Scott Hartnell some semblance of balance this year.
- That we're not all Maple Leafs fans.
- Shootouts. Without the thrill and excitement of these head to head matchups we would have never bore witness to one of the greatest moments in spontaneous celebration...the Boosh dance.
- For away games, if the Flyers didn't play outside of the, newly named, "Wells Fargo Whatever", then we might never get to read Ben's witty and irreverent game recaps.
- For Finland, without that country we wouldn't have Kimmo, Leino or Teemu and I don't know about you but I don't want to live in that world. Not for a day.
- For numbers. Without them how would Geoff argue anything?
- Image stabilization. If Travis' camera didn't have that feature we'd have found out how much he quivers in fear while interviewing Chris Pronger.
In all seriousness, I am hugely, immensely and eternally grateful for this blog and it's community. In less than a year I've found a bunch of new friends and wonderful opportunities at my fingertips all because of this little website. It's a truly awesome thing we're all a part of here. Thank you to anyone who comments, fanshots, fanposts or even lurks. Thank you to Ben, Geoff, Teemu and Travis for all the awesome content posted on a daily basis. Special thanks to Travis for being such a good sport.
All the best to you and yours. Stay safe, stay classy and stay the hell out of Marty Brodeur's way in the buffet line. Go Flyers!