#6 Montreal Canadiens (29-26-6, 64 pts) at #7 Philadelphia Flyers (30-25-3, 63 pts)
Wachovia Center - 6:00 PM ET - Philadelphia, PA
TV: CSN Philly HD, RDS HD
Radio: 610 WIP, XM 205
This is the open game thread.
Get Montreal reaction at Habs Eyes On The Prize
Very succinct preview tonight because the site isn't cooperating today (must be all this KY) and it's an early start time to the game. Remember, 6 PM Eastern.
Basically, this home and home series with Montreal is just flat our huge. We have games in hand over Montreal and are a point behind them, but sweeping this home-and-home would be just flat out gigantic. Obviously, teams want to head into the Olympic break on a high note. How much higher of a note can you go out on than a four-game win streak against a rival and a team that you're in direct competition with for a playoff spot?
It won't be easy though. Montreal ended Washington's epic win streak the other night and they're 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. They just acquired center Dominic Moore from the Panthers and he should play in his first game tonight.
The Flyers seem to always struggle against Montreal, unless that's just in my head. Michael Leighton vs Carey Price tonight. Questions to answer and our KY covered game thread after the jump.
Questions To Answer
- Can the Flyers get back to scoring the first goal?
- Montreal isn't a wonderful defensive team, and they're one of only two teams currently in the playoff picture with a negative goal differential. Can the Flyers capitalize?
- Can Michael Leighton not give up a softy?
- The power play has been atrocious lately. Does it pick back up?
- Does Blair Betts have any extra jump after signing a two-year contract extension?
Tonight's game will be on CSN Philly in HD and 610 WIP. Join us for the open game discussion and LET'S GO FLYERS!