Today's open discussion thread, including your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Jeff Carter was sent home by Team Canada. Ryan Getzlaf will take the spot on the nation's Olympic roster. [CTV Olympics]
- The Flyers have the sixth most potent offensive blueline in the NHL, with 130 points. [From The Rink]
- Three games in Vancouver today as round robin play begins. USA v Switzerland in Group A at 3 PM ET, Canada v Norway in Group A at 7:30 PM ET, and Russia v Latvia at Midnight in Group B. [SB Nation]
- We'll have one big open thread for all three games today.
- For a primer on the Olympic tournament, I'll point you toward the preview I wrote last week. [SBN]
- Jaromir Jagr has been in the KHL this season, so it should be an interesting dynamic when he takes the ice against his old NHL comrades in these Games. But what is his future in the NHL? [Hockey Or Die]
Ryan Miller, as expected, will start for the Americans today against Jonas Hiller. Roberto Luongo gets the nod for Canada -- Martin Brodeur is going on Thursday. [Puck Daddy]
- Julie Chu of the US Women's Hockey team sat down with SBN's Brandon Worley and Joe Fortunato on Rink Side Radio. [SBN]
- Ridiculous IOC rules might force Ryan Miller to paint over his mask. [Yahoo!]
- Reminder: tonight we're talking to Mike Boone of the Montreal Gazette, the columnist who compared the Flyers to Nazis, when we tape BSH Radio. If you have a comment or a question for him, or have a discussion topic you'd like us to cover, email us at broadstreethockey at gmail.com or leave us a voicemail. [BSH]
- Crosby and Team Canada giving the other Olympic teams a welcome to Vancouver, via rap: 'Protect your balls when you see the Kid.' [Bloge Salming/YouTube]