Today's open discussion thread, including your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Last night's NHL scores...
3, PIT 5, BUF 4 - ANA 3, FLA 0 - EDM 4, CAR 2
- After last night, the Flyers are still in 6th place in the East. With the Panthers losing, the Flyers sit there all alone, two points ahead of the Rangers and Panthers.
- Recaps of last night's game from NHL.com, the AP, CP, the Inquirer, Panaccio at CSN, Bill Clement at CSN, the Calgary Herald, and The 700 Level.
- Didn't get enough of an Olli Jokinen fix last night? Good, because he's in the division. The Rangers and Flames completed their deal for him after the game last night. Brandon Prust is also a Ranger, giving Carcillo someone fair to beat up on. [SB Nation]
- Gabe Desjardins looks at Quality of Competition and what defensemen have the highest on each team. I'm sure you can guess which two represent the Flyers. [Behind The Net]
- The Flyers next opponent, also Albertan, won their first game of 2010 last night over the Carolina Hurricanes. It was the end of a 13-game losing streak for the Oilers. [The Copper & Blue]
- Some early Jack Adams Award discussion: "Like Tippett, Clouston and Sacco, Murray's players are buying into his system that has yielded a winning result, much to the chagrin of those who didn't expect what they're getting out of any of their teams this season." [Puck Daddy]
- Two random stats for you: "So it's somewhat surprising to see that this year, the top Flyers forwards in terms of plus/minus are Dan Carcillo, Blair Betts, and James van Riemsdyk, each of whom sit at +6." [The 700 Level] ...
- ... and Dan Carcillo currently leads the NHL in penalties drawn per 60 minutes. [Behind The Net]
- Kovalchuk trade rumors persist: "'Find a one winger, one defenseman that adds up to what Kovalchuk makes and the Flyers could do this deal,' the source said." Really? [CSNPhilly]
- Anaheim placed Nick Boynton on waivers. Jonathan Willis' take ... [Hockey or Die]
- ... and a fanshot for discussion on BSH. [FanShots]
- A breakdown of the remaining schedule. Spoiler: The Flyers have an easy path. [On the Forecheck]
- We won't be recording BSH Radio tonight because of more pressing issues this Tuesday evening: what happened when Juliet detonated the hydrogen bomb?
- Happy birthday to our own Ben Rothenberg.