Today's open discussion thread, including your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- The Olympic men were off yesterday, but USA's ladies crushed Sweden 9-1 in the semifinals to advance to the gold medal game. They'll play Canada or Finland. [SBN]
- The bracket on the men's side is now in focus, and Dirk at On the Forecheck has a clear look here. [OtF]
- The top-seeded USA will play the winner of today's #8 Switzerland vs #9 Belarus match on Wednesday. Should they win that, they'll play either #4 Finland, #5 Czech Republic, or #12 Latvia in the semifinals on Friday.
- Meanwhile, Richards, Pronger and the Canadians have a much tougher road to the final. If they get by Germany today, they'll play Russia in the quarterfinals tomorrow and likely Sweden or Slovakia (maybe Norway, probably not) in the semi's... if they can get there.
- Here's a terribly hilarious read on five reasons Canada will still win gold, including 'Sidney Crosby' and 'Isn't Canada supposed to win?' [The Telegram]
- We had a story yesterday about the Wells Fargo Center. In case you're wondering where it went and for full disclosure purposes, we were asked to take it down.
- In other hockey news, the Olympic break is really putting a cramp on our style.
- TV schedule today: 3 PM, Switzerland vs Belarus on USA. 8 PM: Canada vs Germany on CNBC. 10 PM: Czech Republic vs Latvia on CNBC. Open thread later. 12:30 AM: Slovakia vs Norway on CNBC.