So much hockey in Europe today, you guys. Let's catch up.
* Danny Briere and Claude Giroux continued their domination of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga, combining for five points in Eisbären Berlin's 5-1 win over Augsburg. Briere had three assists, while Giroux scored Berlin's third goal and assisted on Jens Baxmann's first period goal. This Internet stuff is pretty cool, and if you click right here it'll let you look at the box score, all the way from Germany! Pretty neat.
* Ilya Bryzgalov was a scratch in CSKA's 3-0 win over HC Lev Praha. Jake Voracek is still sidelined with an injury and did not play, either. There are unconfirmed reports that the two watched the game together, eating mounds of popcorn while discussing last week's episode of Homeland. Unconfirmed.
* Ruslan Fedotenko went scoreless in Donbass' 3-1 loss to Yugra. He played 17:12 and dominated in the faceoff circle, though, winning 12 of 17 draws.
* Matt Read scored a goal in Södertälje SK's 4-3 win over Troja Ljungby. Read scored the second goal for SSK on the day. Rangers forward Carl Hagelin and Read's college teammate Emil Billberg also scored for SSK.
* Tom Sestito didn't beat anybody up or take any penalties, but he did put up two assists in the Sheffield Steelers' 4-3 win over the Cardiff Devils in EIHL action.
On Friday night ...
* The Adirondack Phantoms are in action at 6:30 p.m. in St. John's. They've been there since Wednesday and they'll play two games while in Newfoundland. Our friends at Arctic Ice Hockey have a great preview of the weekend set. Bob Rotruck has the call at PhantomsHockey.com.
* The Trenton Titans are in Illinois to take on Evansville. They'll put their 3-0 record on the line behind Devils "goalie of the future" Scott Wedgewood. Niko Hovinen did not make the trip with the club. Trenton hasn't had a four-game winning streak since late March 2010. Puck drop at 7:15 p.m. and the audio feed is available at 1077TheBronc.com.
* Defenseman Reece Willcox is in action for the Cornell Big Red in an exhibition against the US National Team Development Program. Puck drop in Ithaca, N.Y. at 7 p.m. Live audio here. Willcox, a 2012 Flyers draft pick, is making his collegiate debut.
* Anthony Stolarz has yet to play for the Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks (1-1-0), but could be in the lineup tonight when the team hosts Northern Michigan.
* Michael Parks is still out of the lineup with an injury, but No. 2 North Dakota takes on Alaska Anchorage on the road this evening. Puck drop is 9:05 p.m. ET.
* Petr Placek and Harvard kick off their season with an exhibition against McGill University. Puck drop at 7 p.m.
* Scott Laughton, Colin Suellentrop and the Oshawa Generals are in Kitchener to take on the Rangers at 7:30 p.m. ET.