Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes ...
- The Flyers still have a long way to go: [SB Nation Philly]
- This teaser just sounds awful: "the Flyers try to remain grounded as they continue on the tough playoff road." They won one game. It shouldn't be hard to remain grounded: [CSNPhilly]
- The Penguins are contemplating changes to their power play: [Frequent Flyers] [NHL.com] [CSNPhilly]
- Jakub Voracek is getting a lot of attention right now: [NHL.com]
- Wayne Simmonds is targeting Kris Letang with his dump-ins: [CSNPhilly]
- Evgeni Malkin needs to produce for the Penguins: [NHL.com]
- Mike Richards... as a... leader? Yeah: [NHL.com]
- Announcing the 32 remaining candidates for NHL 13 cover: [NHL.com]
- Shea Weber was fined $2,500 - but not suspended - for his hit on Henrik Zetterberg: [SBNation.com]
- Byron Bitz was suspended two games for his hit on Kyle Clifford: [SBNation.com]
- Looking at the young defensemen in the NHL and possible targets for the Oilers: [The Copper & Blue]
- There were a lot of late links posted after compiling this, and since it's Friday and the Playoffs, I took the time to add them. They are after the jump because they were tardy.
With that said, I highly recommend both pieces. McCaffery got some excellent quotes from Paul Holmgren, and while his headline declares victory, the article is solid: [delcotimes.com]
Phil Sheridan is really changing my opinion about him. This is at least the second, probably third, article of his I highly recommend. He gets it. This is how you comment on the trades, the culture change, the locker room atmosphere, and player personalities without sounding petty or self-important. I once again salute you, Mr. Sheridan: [Inquirer]