Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* The Flyers will practice at 12 p.m. today at Skate Zone in Voorhees. Lord, do they need it.
* Danny Briere is probably out until Saturday. [CSN]
* The Phantoms named Harry Zolnierczyk an assistant captain. [Post Star]
* Andreas Lilja addresses rumors that he's bound for Sweden: "I want to stay here." [Post Star]
* Isles prospect Nino Niederreiter apparently requested a trade. Or was it just agentspeak? [Lighthouse Hockey]
* The KHL is starting a losers bracket and, yes, we agree. The NHL needs to steal this idea. [Puck Daddy]
* You may have heard "Wayne Gretzky could be MLSE president!" yesterday. On the genesis of a rumor: [PPP]
* Wings fans taunt Kari Lehtonen. Lehtonen wins. [SBNation.com]
* This is just the coolest thing: Our friends at Stanley Cup of Chowder spawned this Trees For Goals charity effort, Andrew Ference got involved and now the NHL is on board. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]