Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* So about that penalty kill. /drool [CSN]
* Mike Knuble is back! [BSH]
* Scott Hartnell's out four-to-eight weeks with a broken foot. [CSN]
* Andrej Meszaros left last night's game and will be evaluated further today.
* Jrue Holiday was named an NBA All-Star yesterday. This is important because of the Flyers hat he wore at the Wells Fargo Center last night. [The 700 Level]
* Erik Gustafsson is hurt, so Brandon Manning will take his place in next week's AHL All-Star Game. [Post Star]
* Cal Heeter has been assigned to Trenton, meaning we'll see a Boosh-Scott Munroe tandem with the Phantoms. The Phantoms also signed David Laliberte (remember him?) and Kory Nagy to an AHL contract and a PTO, respectively.
* The Rangers fan who was assaulted after the Winter Classic wasn't happy with the sentence handed to assailant Dennis Veteri. He's suing both Veteri and South Philly Bar and Grill, who closed Veteri's $200+ bar tab minutes before the beating. [NYDN]
* Fans in Glens Falls like Zack FitzGerald. [Post Star]
* Jamie Benn got paid last night. [Defending Big D]
* Minor league hockey fans vomiting on ice at intermission. [Deadspin]