Didn't watch the game live last night. Tried doing the whole "okay, I'll watch the first period and then try to avoid the score so I can watch in the morning," but as it turns out, it's hard to avoid the score when the Flyers put the puck in the net seven times. That's a fun thing that people want to talk about.
So let's talk about it. The Flyers scored seven goals last night, and generally looked awesome all around. Let's rank those seven goals from best to worst, starting with Ruslan Fedotenko's first since returning to the Flyers:
6. Luke Schenn picks up the puck off an awful clearing attempt by the Panthers, blasts one through Scott Clemmensen.
5. Wayne Simmonds opens the scoring by tipping a Kimmo Timonen shot past Jose Theodore.
4. Tye McGinn redirects a pass in beautiful fashion for his first NHL goal.
3. Sort of ridiculous how Read got his stick on this. He corralled the puck, somehow settled it and batted it past Clemmensen. Somehow, not even his prettiest goal of the night. Not even his second-prettiest.
2. You know, Read already had two goals on the night. I know it was a penalty kill situation, Florida, but you might want to keep an eye on him in the slot. A perfectly-placed shot beat a sliding Clemmensen here.
1. Just .... awesome.