You might remember back a year ago when we co-hosted a roller hockey tournament with our friends over at Flyers Faithful. Money was raised for Snider Hockey, T.J. Brennan came, fun was had. So we're doing it again!
Details below. You can sign up over at Flyers Faithful.
Who: Twelve teams
What: A one-day, twelve-team roller hockey tournament
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Where: The rinks at Wesley Bishop Park located at N. Church Street & Twosome Drive in Moorestown, NJ
Why: I'm assuming you know that by now
How: By selecting the team or individual registration option in the dropdown and completing the payment and registation by clicking the Buy Now button on the PayPal form over at Flyers Faithful.
- Cost is $25 per person or $250 per team.
- It is recommended that each team has 11 players, including a goalie. This year, we will not be tracking names but stating that you will not be allowed to have more than 11 players.
- The winning team will receive $750 and have their team name engraved on the tournament trophy.
- Remember, this is a fun game being played for the sole purpose of raising money for a good cause. Let's not get caught up in the nitty gritty details like whether we play with a ball or a puck. Let's just have fun and enjoy a nice day out in the sun playing some hockey.
- Once all twelve teams are registered and paid, we will create the schedule and iron out any final details. Since we are not collecting the names and contact info of every player on your team, the person who registers will be responsible for passing along the information to the other teammates.
- We will try to have a food truck available at the tournament again.
- Based on the way that last year's tournament went, one team will be reserved for individual registrants. The remaining 11 teams will register as teams.
- Game length: Two 15-minute periods with one-minute intermissions and five minutes to warm up.
- Checking: Not allowed. You will receive a two-minute penalty or be tossed from the game depending upon the severity of the hit. This is a zero-tolerance charity event. Please keep that in mind at all times.
- Fighting: Not allowed. You will be thrown out of the tournament for fighting.
- Equipment: Every skater needs skates and a stick. We recommend a cup, shin pads, gloves, and a helmet as well. Goalies need full equipment.
- Games will be played 4-on-4.
- Offsides is technically not allowed - only blatant cherry picking will be called. Refs won't nitpick.
- Each goal will result in a faceoff at center ice.
- Teams must be on time or run the risk of forfeiting their game. It is recommended that you show up 15-30 minutes before your schedule game time.