Lumping our preview in with the game thread because due to the holiday and stuff we're all a little behind. Anyways. Here's what you need to know:
* The Flyers come into tonight's game at 1-4-1 in their last six games, and had what was probably one of their worst all-around team efforts of the season on Monday night against the Islanders. They got one point thanks entirely to Steve Mason's efforts in net. They will need to play better tonight to get any points.
* Lineup-wise, the big news from today's skate was that Michael Raffl will apparently be back in the lineup tonight. Today marks three weeks since it was announced that he was expected to miss six weeks, so by all means, this is a pleasant surprise. Opting not to break up his top line that's produced great results lately, Craig Berube has put his lineup together as such:
#Flyers' likely lineup 2nite: Schenn-G-Vor; Raffl-Laught-Simm; RJ-Coots-Read; Rin-Bell-Lecav. D: Mac-Coby; Streit-Gross; MDZ-Schultz; Mason— Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) November 26, 2014
Raffl will slide in with Scott Laughton and Wayne Simmonds, which is a really fun-looking line for everyone involved. Tonight will almost certainly be Laughton's best chance yet at recording his first NHL point.
A bit frustrating to see Umberger back with Couturier and Read, but otherwise I like how these are put together.
* Defensively, it sounds like Luke Schenn will be scratched. I think this is silly, as there are at least two guys in the lineup I'd rather him play over, but what do I know. Berube was clearly upset with him during last weekend's game and it sounded as though he was ready to scratch him on Monday, so the news doesn't come as a surprise.
* Steve Mason is in net for the third straight game, getting the start after playing possibly his best game as a Flyer on Monday.
* The Red Wings and Flyers played once this year, in a game that was largely stolen by Ray Emery. The Flyers have won in Detroit approximately three times in the last decade-plus, and while that probably means very little in terms of tonight's game, I'm sure we'll hear about it.
* Pavel Datsyuk, noted Good Hockey Player, will be in the lineup for Detroit tonight after missing a handful of games with a groin injury. He will almost surely do something ridiculous en route to scoring a goal tonight, because that is what he does.
* Game is on NBCSN nationally and TCN locally. 7:30 start. Go Flyers.
|2014-14 NHL Season :: Game 21 of 82|
6th in Metropolitan
|Wednesday, November 26, 2014 :: 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Joe Louis Arena :: Detroit, Mich., USA|
|Get the Detroit perspective at Winging It In Motown|