|2014-15 NHL Season :: Game 29 of 82|
8th in Metropolitan
|Saturday, December 13, 2014 :: 1:00 p.m. ET|
|Wells Fargo Center :: Philadelphia, Pa., USA|
|Get the Carolina perspective at Canes Country|
Afternoon game! One which I totally remembered and did not learn about two hours before game time!
(... I may have thought today's game was a night game.)
Anywho! Quick notes:
* Steve Mason is in net today.
* No word on lineup changes (as we know, Vincent Lecavalier is not in the lineup due to an injury that totally exists that he suffered while being in the press box ...) but given that the Flyers played pretty well on Thursday I'd expect things will largely stay the same. Which would mean no Michael Del Zotto.
* Carolina is bad! Everyone talks about how bad Buffalo is this year but they actually have more points (24) than Carolina does (19)! That is impressive. But yeah, Carolina sits in last place in the Metro and Eastern Conference and are tied with Edmonton for the fewest points in the league.
* They're not that bad defensively (2.71 goals against per game, which is 17th in the league and markedly better than the Flyers in fact), but they just cannot put the puck in the net at all (2.14, 29th ahead of only Buffalo). So between that offense and the Flyers' defense something will have to give today.
* Carolina is actually not a bad possession team, so that will be interesting to watch against a Flyers squad that has struggled at keeping the puck all year but played well in that department in its last game.
* Last year Carolina swept all four meetings between these two teams, which was kind of weird. They'll play five times this season, with this matchup of course being the first.
(ALSO: stay tuned for the recap today, friends. A surprise may be coming.)