* Two games, two shootouts, one win, three points. Quite a weekend for the Flyers! First: a well-fought and well-played game on Saturday afternoon that went the wrong way because Henrik Lundqvist is good. Recap and observations!
* And on Sunday night, a crazy game, complete with challenges, penalties, overturned goals, pretty passing, and ... a shootout win? Strange days. Recap!
* Last night's game also saw an ugly hit from Ryan White, which led to his ejection and may lead to him getting suspended some time later today: [BSH]
* Back on Friday, we finished out our midseason roundtable series with two discussions. First, the long-term: how has the team's timetable towards legitimate contention changed, if at all? [BSH]
* And then, the instant gratification: will the team make the playoffs this year? [BSH]
* Prior to Saturday's game, Ron Hextall chatted with the folks on 97.5 about the trade with L.A., prospects, the long-term outlook, Gostisbehere, Hakstol, and more: [97.5 The Fanatic]
* The big NHL news of the weekend was that John Scott was traded to Montreal -- taking him out of the All-Star game -- and the league had something to do with it getting done, which is kinda crappy: [SBN]
* A proposal to make things right between the league and Scott: [Sportsnet]
* Other news: the Penguins traded David Perron and Adam Clendening to the Ducks for Carl Hagelin. No, seriously, the Penguins: this trade for a winger for Crosby/Malkin is gonna work. Forget about all the other ones that didn't. This one will. [Pensburgh] [Anaheim Calling]
* Anze Kopitar's mammoth new contract was made official: [NHL]
* And the Oilers signed Cam Talbot to a three-year extension worth almost exactly what Steve Mason's current contract is: [Copper & Blue]
* Alexei Emelin laid maybe the hit of the year to date on Paul Stastny on Saturday in St. Louis: [SBN]
* Down on The Farm (there's a farm in Lehigh Valley, right?), Samuel Morin's first professional season is trending in the right direction: [Highland Park Hockey]
* As for the rest of the Phantoms, they snapped a five-game losing streak last night with a win in Bridgeport: [Highland Park Hockey]
* A look at how two different elite defensemen, Erik Karlsson and Drew Doughty, have become the best of the best: [Puck Daddy]
* Ranking all 30 local NHL broadcast teams: [Hockey PDOcast]