Another Saturday, another matinee against the Dallas Stars. The Flyers will be down in Texas, trying to make their win streak one game bigger in their second matchup with the Stars in the last week.
Since we last saw the Stars, they’ve put up a 3-1 loss in Chicago, a 6-2 win at home against Anaheim, and they were shut out on Thursday night, 2-0, by the Rangers.
You’ve probably seen the big talking point out of that Rangers game: Cody Eakin delivered a ridiculously dirty hit on Henrik Lundqvist, earning him a four-game suspension. It’s the second suspension of a Stars player in the last week after Jamie Oleksiak earned a two-game ban for his hit on Chris VandeVelde last weekend in Philly.
Oleksiak is back in Dallas’ lineup but Eakin will be sitting for this one today.
Steve Mason will go in net for the Flyers today, which was to be completely expected with two full off days between games. It’s probably going to be Kari Lehtonen in net for Dallas but that’s unconfirmed.
Today’s game, a 2 p.m. ET start, can be seen on CSN Philly locally, or live streaming on CSNPhilly.com and the NBC Sports app. The radio broadcast is on 97.5 The Fanatic, and in Texas the game can be seen on Fox Sports Southwest. NHL.tv and NHL Center Ice has you covered elsewhere.
- Michael Raffl - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek
- Travis Konecny - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
- Taylor Leier - Nick Cousins - Dale Weise
- Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Roman Lyubimov
- Ivan Provorov - Andrew MacDonald
- Brandon Manning - Shayne Gostisbehere
- Radko Gudas - Michael Del Zotto
- Steve Mason
- Anthony Stolarz
Scratches: Nick Schultz, Boyd Gordon
Injured: Michal Neuvirth, Sean Couturier, Meat Read, Mark Streit
- Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Patrick Eaves
- Lauri Korpikoski - Jason Spezza - Jiri Hudler
- Antoine Roussel - Radek Faksa - Brett Ritchie
- Curtis McKenzie - Devin Shore - Adam Cracknell
- Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
- Dan “Former Flyer” Hamhuis - Stephen Johns
- Johnny Oduya - Jordie Benn
- Kari Lehtonen
- Antti Niemi