The NHL Awards show returns to Las Vegas on Wednesday night, and for the first time in a long time, a member of the Philadelphia Flyers has a chance to take home a major award.
(Yes, we know Claude Giroux was a Hart Trophy finalist just two years ago, but he realistically didn't have a chance of winning that award even though he finished in the top three in voting.)
Shayne Gostisbehere is a finalist for the Calder Trophy, and it's potentially the first time in team history that a Flyers player could win the award. As you'll see below, he has the longest odds to win according to Bovada, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Personally, I had a vote for the Calder this year and I used it on Ghost for reasons outlined here.
The last Flyer to win at the NHL Awards was Ian Laperriere, who won the Masterton Trophy in 2011.
Elsewhere, there's a lot of Metropolitan Division representation among the finalists for other awards: Sidney Crosby for Hart, Braden Holtby for Vezina. The 2016 NHL Awards show gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network in the United States and Sportsnet in Canada. Will Arnett hosts the show this year.
Below, find the full list of finalists and their odds, as determined by Bovada.
How to watch the 2016 NHL Awards
7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT | Wednesday, June 22
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas
American TV: NBCSN | Canadian TV: Sportsnet
Live streaming on NBC Live Extra
2016 NHL Awards Finalists
- Hart Trophy (league MVP): Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Sidney Crosby.
- Norris Trophy (best defenseman): Erik Karlsson, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns.
- Vezina Trophy (best goaltender): Braden Holtby, Ben Bishop, Jonathan Quick.
- Calder Trophy (top rookie): Artemi Panarin, Connor McDavid, Shayne Gostisbehere.
- Selke Trophy (best defensive forward): Anze Kopitar, Patrice Bergeron, Ryan Kesler.
- Lady Byng Trophy (most gentlemanly forward): Anze Kopitar, Aleksander Barkov, Loui Eriksson.
- Masterton Trophy (dedication / perseverance): Jaromir Jagr, Mats Zuccarello, Pascal Dupuis.
- NHL Foundation Award (community service): Matt Martin, P.K. Subban, Mark Giordano.
- Mark Messier Leadership Award: Alex Ovechkin, Shea Weber, John Tavares.
- Ted Lindsay Award (MVP as voted by the players): Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Braden Holtby.
- Jack Adams Award (best coach): Lindy Ruff, Barry Trotz, Gerard Gallant.
- General Manager of the Year: Jim Rutherford, Brian MacLellan, Jim Nill.
2016 NHL Awards Odds (via Bovada)
- Hart: Patrick Kane (1/10), Jamie Benn (7/1), Sidney Crosby (7/1)
- Norris: Erik Karlsson (5/8), Drew Doughty (2/1), Brent Burns (4/1)
- Vezina: Braden Holtby (1/30), Ben Bishop (7/1), Jonathan Quick (15/1)
- Calder: Artemi Panarin (4/15), Connor McDavid (3/1), Shayne Gostisbehere (8/1)
- Selke: Anze Kopitar (10/11), Patrice Bergeron (1/1), Ryan Kesler (6/1)
- Lady Byng: Anze Kopitar (1/2), Aleksander Barkov (3/1), Loui Eriksson (10/3)
- Jack Adams: Gerard Gallant (5/6), Barry Trotz (1/1), Lindy Ruff (8/1)