The Flyers roster is down to 56 after they’ve made a number of cuts today, sending six players down to their junior squads.
Five of those players — Connor Bunnaman, Pascal Laberge, Carter Hart, Anthony Salinitri and Carsen Twarnyski -- are members of the 2016 NHL Draft class, while one — Samuel Dove-McFalls — was drafted in 2015. None of these moves are surprising, as all of these guys were merely in camp as a way to get their first taste of pro hockey.
- Connor Bunnaman (OHL - Kitchener)
- Samuel Dove-McFalls (QMJHL - Saint John)
- Carter Hart (WHL - Everett)
- Pascal Laberge (QMJHL - Victoriaville)
- Anthony Salinitri (OHL - Sarnia)
- Carsen Twarynski (WHL - Calgary)
A year ago, the Flyers sent Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny back to juniors in their first round of cuts, so you can see it as at least a little bit of progress that those two remain in camp beyond the first cuts.
In addition to those cuts, the team’s two camp invitees — defensemen Garrett McFadden and Brennan Menell — were released. Neither were on a contract with the team.