* The Flyers played hockey this past weekend! Twice! First they lost a game and that was bad. Here are the recap and observations from said game.
* But then they won a game and it was extremely cool! Here is the recap from that game.
* Elsewhere in the system, the Phantoms had an interesting weekend! They lost on Saturday to Providence by a score of 9-1 ... [Highland Park Hockey]
* ... but bounced back to get a 5-1 win in Hershey on Sunday night, collecting four out of 6 points on the weekend as a whole: [Highland Park Hockey]
* The Flyers haven’t called up any of the young guns from Lehigh Valley on a long-term basis yet this year. Will they do that at some point before the season ends? [CSN Philly]
* Could Sam Morin be that guy? And is he what the Flyers need? [Philly.com]
* German Rubtsov had a strong first weekend in the QMJHL: [Sons of Penn]
* Elsewhere in the NHL, there was a giant hole in the ice in Pittsburgh yesterday. This isn’t a metaphor for something or a jab at someone on the Penguins, it’s literally a thing that happened. [Puck Daddy]
* They beat the Bruins, though, and things are getting very uneasy in Boston: [SBN]
* Henrik Sedin scored his 1,000th career point on Saturday, and his old teammate was there to congratulate him from the other side of the ice: [NHL.com]
* DGB’s weekly grab bag, featuring a rule that came into play during last night’s Flyers game! [Vice]
* A Q&A with incoming Vegas Golden Knights president Kerry Bubolz: [Sportsnet]
* Finally, here’s Coatesy’s Corner, talking about the team’s diets: [Flyers.com]