Tonight’s game is on NBC Sports Network across the country, and you can also watch via NBC Sports’ online stream (with a cable subscription). NHL.com also says that the game can be watched via NHL.TV, a claim that I am skeptical of since it’s a national game and those are generally not on NHL.tv due to blackout rules. So we’ll see. Also, you can stream via radio on 97.5 The Fanatic.
Steve Mason will be in net tonight, while Michael Del Zotto will also be back in Nick Schultz’s place after a one-game absence (because of “speed”, as opposed to “being better at hockey”, I suppose). Not sure yet if Del Zotto will slot into Schultz’s spot next to Shayne Gostisbehere or if he’ll move next to frequent partner Radko Gudas, pushing Manning to Gostisbehere’s pairing, nor do we have word on any other potential lineup changes as of now.
For the Penguins, Evgeni Malkin is out, as is Kris Letang, and so is Jake Guentzel, and Carl Hagelin, and Ron Hainsey, Trevor Daley, Olli Maatta ... do they have anyone who is healthy? Cripes, Mark Streit might be the second-best defenseman the Pens are dressing tonight, and he wasn’t even that on the Flyers. It would admittedly be disappointing to lose this one tonight, which means that it will almost certainly happen because being a Flyers fan is nothing if not disappointment.
Matt Murray will be in net for the Pens.
- Meat Read - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek
- Jordan Weal - Valtteri Filppula - Wayne Simmonds
- Brayden Schenn - Sean Couturier - Dale Weise
- Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Travis Konecny
- Ivan Provorov - Andrew MacDonald
- Brandon Manning - Radko Gudas
- Michael Del Zotto - Shayne Gostisbehere
- Steven Mason
- Michal Neuvirth
Pittsburgh lineup (via)
- Conor Sheary - Sidney Crosby - Brian Rust
- Chris Kunitz - Nick Bonino - Patric Hornqvist
- Matt Cullen - Carter Rowney - Phil Kessel
- Tom Kuhnhackl - Oskar Sundqvist - Scott Wilson
- Brian Dumoulin - Justin Schultz
- Ian Cole - David Warsofsky
- Cameron Gaunce - Mark Streit
- Matt Murray
- Marc-Andre Fleury