Tonight’s game is on CSN Philly and 93.3 WMMR. CSNPhilly.com is streaming if you have a cable subscription to log in with. In DC, CSN-DC has the call; if you’re anywhere else, NHL.TV and NHL Center Ice are your options.
Lineup-wise, we expect to see two changes today. The more noteworthy one is the fact that Travis Konecny will be in the lineup for the first time since getting injured against the Blues on February 6. He ended up on the lower-end of his four-to-six-week injury timetable, which is certainly nice to see. Reports are that he’ll be on the fourth line, which I like to think is more in an effort to ease him back into game action than it is a punishment for him, but we’ll see how he’s used in his first game back. In addition, Brandon Manning’s two-game suspension is up and he’ll be in the lineup in Nick Schultz’s stead.
Steve Mason, coming off of two excellent games this week, will start in net. With the way things have broken for the Flyers this weekend — each of the Islanders, Leafs, Panthers, and Lightning lost on Thursday or Friday — a win would be a huge step for the Flyers in terms of staying alive in the playoff race. Of course, they’ll be up against a Capitals team that hasn’t lost a home game in all of 2017 yet, so a win will not be easy to come by.
Philadelphia lineup (via)
- Jordan Weal - Claude Giroux - Wayne Simmonds
- Brayden Schenn - Valtteri Filppula - Jakub Voracek
- Nick Cousins - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
- Chris VandeVelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Travis Konecny
- Ivan Provorov - Andrew MacDonald
- Brandon Manning - Shayne Gostisbehere
- Michael Del Zotto - Radko Gudas
- Steve Mason
- Michal Neuvirth
Scratches: Michael Raffl (inj), Dale Weise, Nick Schultz
Washington lineup (via)
- Alex Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Timothy Leif Oshie, Junior
- Marcus Johansson - Evgeny Kuznetsov - Justin Williams
- Brett Connolly - Lars Eller - Jakub Vrana
- Daniel Winnik - Jay Beagle - Tom Wilson
- Karl Alzner - John Carlson
- Dmitri Orlov - Matt Niskanen
- Brooks Orpik - Kevin Shattenkirk ahahahaha can you imagine having such a ridiculous roster that Kevin Shattenkirk is on your third pairing?
- Braden Holtby
- Philipp Grubauer