The Flyers have officially released their preseason schedule for this fall, and it features eight games — six full-roster games, as well as a split-squad contest against the Islanders on September 20. They’ll be seeing a lot of the Islanders this preseason, in fact, as four of those eight games will be against the Brooklyn-based squad while two others will each be against the Rangers and Bruins.
The full schedule can be seen below:
- Sunday, September 17, 1 p.m.: Flyers @ Islanders in Uniondale, N.Y.
- Wednesday, September 20, 7 p.m.: Flyers @ Islanders in Brooklyn, N.Y. (SPLIT SQUAD)
- Wednesday, September 20, 7 p.m.: Islanders @ Flyers in Allentown, Pa. (SPLIT SQUAD)
- Thursday, September 21, 7 p.m.: Flyers @ Bruins in Boston, Mass.
- Monday, September 25, 7 p.m.: Flyers @ Rangers in New York, N.Y.
- Tuesday, September 26, 7 p.m.: Rangers @ Flyers in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Thursday, September 28, 7 p.m.: Bruins @ Flyers in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Sunday, October 1, Time TBD: Islanders @ Flyers in Philadelphia, Pa.
The highlight in these games is another preseason game at the PPL Center in Allentown, a game that the Flyers announced yesterday. That’s become a yearly tradition for them since the Phantoms moved back to Pennsylvania, and it’ll be great as always to give the fans way outside of the city a chance to see the Flyers up close. That game will take place at the same time as a Flyers-Islanders contest in Brooklyn, as the Flyers will split their still-fairly-large-at-that-point camp roster to two teams to face off with the Islanders.
Otherwise, the preseason schedule features opponents we’re used to seeing around this time of year, as there will be home and road games against the Bruins and Rangers. Additional information on these games, including broadcast info, will be available closer to the time of the games themselves.
The regular season schedule, meanwhile, will be out next week prior to the draft. For now, mark your calendars: 94 days until the Flyers are on the ice against another team.