Flyers development camp is coming soon. The annual summer camp where the team’s prospects and other invitees are immersed into an NHL-style environment for a week will be held this year from July 7 until July 12.
On-ice sessions will be held at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees on for the first five days of the camp, and it will conclude in Stone Harbor for the annual Trial On The Isle, aka “Shit The Beach”.
It’ll be the first on-ice activity
for Nolan Patrick (lol nevermind) in a Flyers uniform, as well as for Morgan Frost and the rest of the 2017 NHL Draft class. Other notable names on the development camp roster include Oskar Lindblom, Travis Sanheim, Phillippe Myers, Mike Vecchione, German Rubtsov, Carter Hart and Felix Sandstrom.
Here’s the full roster by position:
- Center: Mikhail Vorobyov, Cooper Marody, German Rubtsov, Nolan Patrick, Radel Fazleev, Morgan Frost, Olle Lycksell, David Kase, Pascal Laberge, Connor Bunnaman, Tanner Laczynski, Anthony Salinitri.
- Right Wing: Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Mike Vecchione, Wade Allison, Ivan Kosorenkov (invitee, Victoriaville / QMJHL), Maksim Sushko.
- Left Wing: Oskar Lindblom, Brendan Warren, Noah Cates, Isaac Ratcliffe, Derek Lodermeier (invitee, Vermont / NCAA), Matthew Strome, Carsen Twarynski.
- Defense: Terrance Amorosa, Matt Anderson (invitee, Green Bay / USHL), David Bernhardt, David Drake, Mark Friedman, Linus Hogberg, Wyatt Kalynuk, Cam Lee (invitee, Western Michigan / NCAA), Simon Loof (invitee, Lone Star / NAHL), Connor Moore (invitee, Boston College / NCAA), Travis Sanheim.
- Goalie: Darion Hanson (invitee, Vernon / BCHL), Carter Hart, Felix Sandstrom, Matej Tomek.
Below are full details as released.
Friday, July 7 & Saturday, July 8
- Goaltenders: 8:00 - 10:15 a.m. & 2:45 - 4:15 p.m.
- Defensemen: 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. & 5:15 - 6:15 p.m.
- Forwards: 9:30 - 11:45 a.m. & 5:15 - 7:30 p.m.
- Goaltenders and forwards will be separated into two groups, which will be announced at a later date.
Sunday, July 9
- 2:15 - 3:30 p.m. The group of skaters and goaltenders will merge for the on-ice session.
Monday, July 10
- The group will break from on-ice sessions for a day of off-ice activities.
Tuesday, July 11
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. The final day of on-ice workouts will consist of a three-on-three tournament
Wednesday, July 12 | Trial On The Isle in Stone Harbor
- The prospects will travel to Stone Harbor, NJ for the club's annual Trial on the Isle competition and event beginning at 9 a.m. at 96th St. Beach. Specific details and a schedule for this year's Trial on the Isle will be released at a later date.