The Flyers, as they often do prior to the start of the season and of the postseason, released a hype video this morning. You can watch it in the tweet embedded below.
Alright, so, a few things here, nice and calm:
- Anyone else feel like they just chugged an entire two-liter of Red Bull? God DAMN. Nicely done work here by the Flyers’ multimedia team.
- As much crap as we give this team for being average and uninspiring for a lot of the season, this does remind us of just how unlikely it is that the Flyers even made it here after that brutal November, and how hard this team fought back to get to where they are now. It’s been a friggin’ year, folks.
- There were brief cuts here celebrating Sean Couturier, Shayne Gostisbehere, Travis Konecny, and Claude Giroux. I am in support of all of these and each of those players has had outstanding seasons, and I do not believe any omissions here were intentional, but this is another bullet point on my mental “no one has ever had a quieter 85-point season than Jakub Voracek just did” list.
- The cut to Dale Weise’s jersey hanging in the locker room right as Tim Saunders says “the Flyers’ playoff push has got to be right now” is funny, if only because the Flyers’ playoff push began more or less once they stopped playing Dale Weise.
- You can not and will not convince me that the clip of Claude Giroux tossing Brayden Schenn to the ice was chosen by coincidence. Absolutely not.
- The Flyers’ goal horn is very aesthetically pleasing. That’s just my opinion, but it’s a correct one.
- Whatever your feelings on the hashtag #EarnTomorrow (I like it), it’s certainly better than #ClutchTime.
The playoffs are here, folks. Get hyped.