That game could’ve gone better. On a night where they outshot the Edmonton Oilers 52-22, the Philadelphia Flyers found themselves on the wrong side of a 6-3 outcome. Mikko Koskinen made 49 saves in a game where the Flyers had 84 shot attempts (shots on goal, missed shots, and blocked shots) to Edmonton’s 37 but found themselves getting doubled up on the scoreboard.
An inability to convert while dominating the Oilers at the start of the second period resulted in Connor McDavid scoring a Connor McDavid goal to make it a 3-1 game while the shot count 23-11 in favor of Philly. From there it only got worse on the scoreboard until some late-game goals made the score a little less painful.
It sucked to watch and it sucks to think about right now, but in this reaction we covered:
- How much the road trip at the start of the season is impacting the team.
- The play of Jakub Voracek, Shayne Gostisbehere, and James van Riemsdyk tonight and early on in the season.
- Brandon Manning scoring a goal on the Flyers.
- If Joel Farabee, Phil Myers, or another new name will be in the lineup on Saturday.
- Whether or not they’ll look better against the Dallas Stars.