Why did the Philadelphia Flyers have one of their best performances of the season in a game against the division-leading New York Islanders without Jakub Voracek and Nolan Patrick? Because sports, that’s why. Brian Elliott had a great game while Travis Konecny, Travis Sanheim, and Sean Couturier remained stuck in their scoring ways. Considering how important these games are at the moment and the fact the Flyers played with only ten forwards for over 50 minutes, it’s easy to argue that this was maybe the team’s best win all season. Along with these topics, our postgame reaction to yesterday’s win covers:
- How much Dave Hakstol and Ron Hextall were potentially holding this team back.
- Travis Konecny and Travis Sanheim getting better by the day.
- If Brian Elliott or Cam Talbot should be the backup next season.
- How realistic it is to believe Erik Karlsson or another big-name free agent could sign here.
- Claude Giroux still rules.