How’s that for a road win? Without Carter Hart and two regulars on the blue line, the Philadelphia Flyers took on the St. Louis Blues and came away with a pair of points thanks to Jakub Voracek’s tremendous overtime goal.
Despite blowing a 3-1 lead in the third period and fighting against some interesting officiating last night, the Orange and Black capped off their four-game stretch against the top three teams and four of the top six teams in the standings with a win over the defending Stanley Cup champs to go 3-1-0. Factor in their lone loss being a 1-0 game that was lost on a fluky play to the hottest team in the league and that painful recent road trip doesn’t hurt as much.
Obviously there was a lot to unpack after last night’s win. Some of the things mentioned in this postgame reaction:
- The play of Phil Myers
- Jakub Voracek turning it on lately
- The power play actually looking good for a night
- Carter Hart’s injury and how worried we should be
- How much Alex Lyon will play over the next few weeks
- If the league should change the overtime and shootout format