*Full disclosure: stole that headline from a Charles O’Connor tweet. Because it would appear that, at least for now, Chuck Fletcher is all done.
Based on Fletcher's availability today, it really does sound like the Flyers are done for now.— Charlie O'Connor (@charlieo_conn) July 28, 2021
Next is re-upping Hart & Sanheim. After that, sounds like they'll reassess their cap, and see if they can do (or have to do) anything else. But this very well could be "pencils down."
*Anyhoo, it was a wild, wild day around the league yesterday, and while the Flyers didn’t do anything extra spicy, the did make some moves. They:
- Brought in Martin Jones to backup Carter Hart. [BSH]
- Gave out another contract to... Nate Thompson. For some reason. [BSH]
- Made the Keith Yandle deal we’d all heard about officially official. [Flyers]
- And then added some AHL/press box depth in the form of Adam Clendening... [BSH]
- ... and defenseman Nick Seeler. [BSH]
*Speaking of Yandle, Charlie broke down what his impact to the team might be ahead of today’s frenzy. [The Athletic]
*Brian Elliott landed himself in Tampa Bay. Really glad he ended up in a good spot. Best of luck, BAMF. [Raw Charge]
*Around the Metro, the Hurricanes signed Tony DeAngelo. Big yikes. [Canes Country]
*The Devils signed Dougie Hamilton. Even bigger yikes, but a different kind of yikes! [All About The Jersey]
*And finally, as we said, it was a busy kick-off to free agency season. Here’s a handy rundown of every single thing that happened, in case you missed anything. [Sportsnet]