Tonight the Phantoms will face the Norfolk Admirals for the first contest between the two teams this season, and the first of eight for the divisional rivals. The teams will face off at 7:05 at the PPL Center in Allentown.
The Admirals (8-11-0, fifth place) trail Lehigh Valley (8-8-2, fourth place) by two points in the East Division.
- Tonight is the Phantoms third game in four days, and the second week straight the team has played three in four. Last week the team went 2-1, with a shootout win, a shutout win, and a loss in OT. So far this week the Phantoms are 0-2.
- Tonight is the final of a six-game home slate in the last 15 days, where the Phantoms have gone 3-1-1 at home, for a 5-2-2 record at home so far this season.
- No. 1 goaltender Rob Zepp sustained a lower body injury during warm-ups on Wednesday, forcing a game-time adjustment, sending 20 year old Anthony Stolarz between the pipes. Stolarz saved 31 of 34 in the 3-2 loss on Thanksgiving Eve.
- With a void in the net minders on the Phantoms roster, Lehigh Valley recalled Martin Ouellette from the Reading Royals on Thursday, and joined the team at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City for the teams’ matchup against Albany.
- Stolarz started in his second game of the Phantoms’ three-in-four weekend last night, and allowed three goals on 14 shots in the first 20 minutes, resulting in a goaltender change at the start of the second. Ouellette took the ice just 24 hours after being recalled, saving 11 of 12 in the 4-2 loss in AC.
- Brett Hextall will serve a one-game suspension tonight after instigating a fight in the final five minutes of regulation last night in Atlantic City, as announced by the AHL this morning. Hextall has played in five games since missing five weeks after sustaining an upper body injury in October.
- After being put on waivers by the Flyers, Jason Akeson joined the Phantoms last night in Atlantic City. Akeson spent his entire professional career in the Flyers organization, with 209 games with the Phantoms and 58 goals. He registered just one shot last night in his 2014 Phantoms debut.
- Last night Brandon Manning continued his season-high seven-game point streak with an assist. The defenseman now has four goals and three assists in the last seven games, the second longest ongoing point streak in the AHL.
- Fans in attendance tonight will receive a free team poster, and the opportunity to get it signed by a few players after the game. Alderson, who has been sent back to Reading with the addition of Akeson, is featured on the team poster.