Thursday Morning Fly By: Stayin' alive
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- James van Riemsdyk spent the past season with the Philadelphia Flyers. The whole season, in fact, to the surprise of many! You may have heard about that! Anyways, about his season: [BSH]
- The Flyers still need to hire a Guy for their front office. What should that guy be able to do, and who might it be? Charlie takes a look: [The Athletic]
- If you have strong feelings about the companies that make NHL jerseys, boy, do we have the content for you! [BSH]
- As for the playoffs! The Panthers avoided being the first team eliminated last night, as presumptive Vezina winner Linus Ullmark did an oopsie in overtime and Matthew Tkachuk made him pay for it.
- Meaning the first team to get eliminated might just be ... the omnipresent Tampa Bay Lightning, tonight? Part of their problem is that their all-world goaltender hasn't looked quite like himself in this series, but his team hasn't done him a ton of favors: [Sportsnet]
- The NHL will be doing a four-team, four-day round robin in Sweden next year: [NHL]
- Finally, humorous little anecdote from the Flyers' most recent top draft pick about how fired the hell up John Tortorella was to meet him: [Clip on Twitter via the Empty Netters podcast, episode with full interview here]